Join now - be part of our community!

MORE DVD PROBS

mackjohn
Visitor

MORE DVD PROBS

:slight_frown:

Trying to burn a DVD on my FR315S, using Click-to-DVD. But it's not recognising my disks, I have tried two different makes one cheapo the other Philips +DVD RW disks, no joy.

Have looked at the disk via, Start, My Comp, DVDRw Drive and it displays; in Details, Free Space 0 bytes, total size 0 bytes. (this is a new disk out of the wrapper)

Cd player works okay, DVD Writer worked okay couple of weeks ago, but only after trying few disks, (cheapos, I thought they were the problem so I bought the Philips, which I have used before. )

I have all downloads updated from Viao-link etc.

I have also just uninstalled dvd drive and re-installed. Still no difference!

Any ideas? :thinking:

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

right

I think it's time to burn a DVD for a test, wheter it work's correct. (after 2 years:smileylaugh: )

Damn, I have no DVD here.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

:four_leaf_clover:

seb21__
Visitor

How, please, I should understand that.

Today it's sunday and it's 22:55 (in germany)

The next store opens in 7 hours!

kee-lo_

Damn, all stores closed here.

seb21__
Visitor

:bulb:

What is with the Gas station.

But, I have never seen DVD-Rs, DVD+Rs, DVD-RWs or DVD+RWs in the Gas station.

mackjohn
Visitor

Think I have sorted - stupid of me and simple really.  My CD/DVD hardware is a Matshita UJ-810 which appears to only accept DVD-R/RW whereas the disks I have purchased are DVD+R/RW.

Ignorant I know, but I hadn't noticed the difference with formats. Looks like the other fella's problem may be the same? Will try to get new disks tomorrow but presume this is the (simple) solution:smileyhappy:

No that's not my problem, I have burned dvd'd in the last few weeks, and now it wont recognise a dvd from the same pack!!

as I said when 'exploring the properties' in the drive it shows "size 0 bytes, space 0 bytes"

Kee-lo, I have had SP2 (Service Pack 2) for a while and it worked before, so I wouldn't have thought it was that.
:slight_frown:

seb21__
Visitor

My CD/DVD hardware is a Matshita UJ-810 which appears to only accept DVD-R/RW whereas the disks I have purchased are DVD+R/RW.

The PCG-FR315S has a Sony DW-U50A drive. It reads and write DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW.

DVD-R in 2X speed
DVD+R in 1X speed

a other point:

When you burn a DVD that you will look at your DVD player, it's better to use DVD-R. (better compatibility)

marcusk
Visitor

:cry: I've got a PCG-GRT816s. It was writing dvd's fine till last week. All of a sudden it wont read blank dvd's, or write to them. It also stopped recognising the dvd's it had previously written. It will still read "shop" bought DVD's and read and write CD's.

I installed an old pc game (Need for speed) and then uninstalled it - maybe it took a driver with the uninstallation.

I can't find a list of drivers that should be installed - any suggestions??

kee-lo_

Seb: any lcuk?

seb21__
Visitor

not yet

I'll try this tomorrow. Then I burn a movie. I hope, I have luck.:smileyhappy: :smileygrin: