Join now - be part of our community!

I think my vgn-fz140e is a model from the states. i am having issues with warranty.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Ammar26
Visitor

I think my vgn-fz140e is a model from the states. i am having issues with warranty.

My mum and dad gave me a vaio vgn-fz140e for my birhday in march this year. I am having issues like the touch pad buttons are not working properly, the Wlan switch has issues, the LCD light goes off at times and the mic and webcam dont frequently work. The machine also hangs every now and then.

I have re-installed the windows and all the other softwares but the problems are still there. I am working on my dissertation these days and this surely puts me off at times.

I tried to register the laptop at sony (online) but it says the product is from US.

I need help.

regards,

Ammar

Message was edited by: Ammar26

Message was edited by: Ammar26

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ammar.

Yes, that is a US model and you can find the Support Pages for it here: -

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGNFZ140E&LOC=3#/downloadTab

You can try to Register your Vaio there and see if it qualifies for an Internatonal Warranty.  However, I should warn you that this model was released with Vista installed and this must have been more than 2 years ago when Windows 7 was released.  So the warranty may not be straightforward as it only had a 12 month warranty.

:thinking: