Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21M PROBS

johny1989
Visitor

FZ21M PROBS

hi all i am new to club and i own a fz21m.i have some questions.
is it possible to put a blu ray disc burner in it like this from fz21z?
which is the biggest hdd i can install?
where i can find windvd bd player caus i deleted it by mistake and it is not in the recovery centre.
how to delete the recovery partition cause i need the extra 11gb and i made the recovery discs so it is useless.
anyway overclocking the cpu?
2 months ago i registered the notebook and still didnt get spiderman bd offer.
thx in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Johny1989 and welcome to the Club.

You can upgrade most things if you have unlimited cash!!

A blue-ray burner replacement is still rare in Europe but they are available - they cost about £650. It would have been much cheaper to buy the FZ21Z which is only £300 more!

There is no limit to the HDD size except it must be a 2.5 inch drive and only 9.5 mm thick to fit. These are getting bigger by the month - again the FZ21Z has a 300GB disc which is as big as they come at present in this format.

You cannot reinstall WinDVD BD as an individual Application. If you have deleted it the only way to get it back is with a Full System Recovery back to factory settings using the Vaio Recovery Centre.

The Recovery Partition is very useful if your DVD/CD-ROM drive fails. Also Recovery Discs can become scratched or corrupted or lost. I always recommend that you keep the Recovery Partition as it is very seldom the hard disc gets filled. If you are going to delete it, I would buy something like Acronis True Image and make a full mirror of your hard drive including the Recovery Partition.

If you registered your Vaio more than 6 weeks ago, contact Sony Support and ask about the free Blu-Ray Disc.

:slight_frown:

johny1989
Visitor

not unlimited cash .
thx alot