Join now - be part of our community!

FOR SALE VGX-XL302 Sony Blue-Ray Media Centre

iainhalder
Visitor

FOR SALE VGX-XL302 Sony Blue-Ray Media Centre

Hi,

I'm selling the above Meda Centre PC.

It was purchased only a few months ago but I am selling it as it is nor HDMI compatable with my Pioneer Plasma. This makes it useless as a livng room based home media player for me. In every other respect it is an excellent and very fast machine.

Please contact me by e-mail if you are interested. It cost over £1500 when I purchased it but I'll knock a 1/3rd off and ask £1000.

I am based n London UK.

Iain Halder

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

I don't know if this will help but here is a solution for the HDCP handshake for compliance between a westinghouse TV and a PS3 here

iainhalder
Visitor

Hi,

Thankyou for your help.

Your suggestion would have it that I connect a DVI cable in between two HDMI -> DVI adaptors each connected to the Pioneer and to the Sony.

This is interesting and worth a try as the Nvidea setting refers to DVI and not HDMI connectors.

I'll buy these two adaptors and DVI cable and give it a shot then get back to you.

Thanks in advance if it works!!!

Iain.H

iainhalder
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks! IT WORKED!!!

I'm typing ths reply on the compter via the Pioneer Plasma, at 50" it loks quite impressive.

The solution was, as you suggested, to run the connecton to the Pioneer via two HDMI -> DVI adaptors with a DVI cable running between them. t is a bit tight on the Pioneer pushing between two other HDMI cables but everything does work.

Interestngly enough, once the machine accepted the Pioneer as a screen alternate options came up on the NVidea Control panel to go full 1080p using HDMI cables!!! At the moment I am wary of faffing about further in case I lose the Sony to Pioneer completely.

However this Sony is the Blu-ray version so I'd like to get the use of that at some point.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right directon. I won't sell this machine as it now does what I want.

Iain Halder.