Join now - be part of our community!

drivers for sony laptop PCG-5K2M with windows XP

SOLVED
profile.country.de_DE.title
henycol
New

drivers for sony laptop PCG-5K2M with windows XP

please i need the drivers, bluetooth, internet, wireless lan, camera etc of PCG-5K2M windows xp....please anyone with idea should inbox me asap.

Message was edited by: rich912

To remove email address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi henycol,

You first need to find the correct product model number – PCG-5K2M is a chassis reference number that can be shared by several models. Have a look on the screen surround for something starting with VGN.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi henycol,

You first need to find the correct product model number – PCG-5K2M is a chassis reference number that can be shared by several models. Have a look on the screen surround for something starting with VGN.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
henycol
New

ok i have formated my computer and i installed windows 8....but the drivers was not inclusive in the software, please can you check this VGN-CR31S...i think this must be the product model number....kindly help me, you may give me the link to the drivers...i hope to hear from you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi henycol,

There is no Sony support for the VGN-CR31S running Windows 8 and it is almost certain that there never will be. If you really want stick with Win 8 then you will need to Google the individual devices for compatible drivers - if they exist.

The model was released with Vista and even only limited support is provided for Win 7.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-CR31S_L/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
henycol
New

i find it dificult top use connectify or any other wifi generating machine on my sony vgn-cr31s laptop, i have Intel(R)PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, each time i try to generate wifi, it  always say me ''AP not supported''

please what can i do about this

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

It could be that your hardware is not supported or that you need to update the driver. Try the Connectify community support forum.

http://community.connectify.me/connectify?_ga=1.11339633.452813465.1390122706

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat