driver for the notebook keys

nicolaa
Visitor

driver for the notebook keys

In the download area section what are the packege driver for the
hot keys on my VAIO VGN-A517B
i mean the keys for Volume, lightness S1 key and
Remove CD key....
i installed all the drivers .. but these keys still doesn't work...

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

You have to install the hotkeyutility.exe

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The hotkeys are usually controlled by the Sony utilities as opposed to the drivers. Download the pre-installed utilities, for your model, from VL and install these in folder sequence starting with the Installer 1 folder.

Re-boot and if you still have problem repeat the procedure as a number of forum members have reported that it doesn’t always work on the first install.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
nicolaa
Visitor

yes nice answer thanks, but i don't like to install all the utilities... i just like to install the utilities i really need..
for example i don't like to have sonyshared library...i guess there's a way to install only that driver for the hot keys

The hotkeys are usually controlled by the Sony utilities as opposed to the drivers. Download the pre-installed utilities, for your model, from VL and install these in folder sequence starting with the Installer 1 folder. 

Re-boot and if you still have problem repeat the procedure as a number of forum members have reported that it doesn’t always work on the first install.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Unfortunately for the function keys to work, on most models, you need to install
• Sony Utilities
• Sony Shared Library
• Setting Utility Series (Installs S key assignment & powerup preferences to VAIO Control Center)

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat