Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth will not work on new SONY F series

profile.country.CH.title
nookster600
New

Bluetooth will not work on new SONY F series

I have just bought Sony VPCF13M1E with Windows 7. I am trying to connect a Bluetooth mouse to it.

I have followed the instructions to get Bluetooth:

1 Turn on the WIRELESS switch.

2 Click the VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar.

3 Click the switch next to Bluetooth to toggle it to On in the VAIO Smart Network window.

Make sure the WIRELESS indicator light turns on.

- I have also ensured the mouse is close to the pc and on and “visible” to the bluetooth of the pc

Strangely, I have had various results all day:

-         sometimes I have scanned for bluetooth devices and the pc has found both my phone and the mouse/ sometimes it has found neither

-         sometimes I have had the bluetooth icon in the taskbar/ sometimes not

-         sometimes I have been able to access the bluetooth settings menu (I have checked “allow devices to connect/ see the pc”) and sometimes not

-         sometimes the mouse has appeared in device hardware/ sometimes it isn’t there

-         sometimes the mouse has worked, then the bluetooth connection/ function appears to “drop”

I have looked on the forum, but can find no related problem. The shop where I purchased the pc have no idea what the problem is. I would love some advice please.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The intermittent nature of the problem is strange and I don't think we have heard this exact problem before.  Are you using any other 2.4GHz wireless devices that may be interfering?

The symptoms sound like a device driver conflict which would account for the intermittent nature of the disconnects.  What are you doing when it happens?  It may be worth reinstalling the Broadcom driver.

A long shot but have you installed the Vaio Smart Network Update Ver 3.3.1.08110 and other updates available on your model's download page here?

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VPCF13M1E_H&l=en_GB

Ultimately, it is down to the Retailer to fix the problem or replace the Vaio but you may choose to phone Vaio Support first to see if there is a simple solution.  I expect they will ask you to completely restore the operating system back to factory condition to see if this fixes the problem when nothing else is installed.  The method is given in your Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2010Q3_TRG_EN.pdf

:thinking: