Join now - be part of our community!

AW USB, biometrics stop working intermittently

profile.country.en_GB.title
scrange01
Visitor

AW USB, biometrics stop working intermittently

Evening all,

I am having a reocurring intermittant issue with my Sony Vaio AW21Z/B USB ports, fingerprint scanner (biometrics) and webcam.

They are all working 90% of the time but every now and again (usually once the machine has been locked) I find the fingerprint scanner is reporting as not found, then once logged in I receive USB device not recognised over and over again - my wireless mouse stops responding, Ipod not recognised, trying to access the webcam software simply suggests no webcam found.

I had the laptop in for repair 2 weeks ago to replace a faulty power jack which required a full stripdown but I am not convinced this caused the new faults.

I have found a fix which is simply to unplug everything, remove the battery, reinsert and start again but this is now the 4th / 5th time this has happened this week and I am tired of having to shutdown and restart all the time.

Same problem seen here but my machine just keep doing it - http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/341828-sony-vaio-usb-problems.html

Please advise how I can permentatly fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
kevinhodgkinson
Visitor

Exactly the same issue except I have a AW21XY.

scrange01
Visitor

After the past two months with no issues its started agan...Is there anyone out there that can help? This appears to be a common issue but no real permenant solution found.