Join now - be part of our community!

sony w9 tv with xperia z phone

profile.country.GB.title
davygravy
Explorer

sony w9 tv with xperia z phone

Has anybody recieived there free xperia z yet from the w9 promotion?

93 REPLIES 93
profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

I have now after 6 weeks received a confirmation from Sony that they have my documents for the Phone campaigne,and will send the phone as quickly as possible.
Will post when i receive the phone.
profile.country.en_GB.title
jeltex
Explorer

I bought a  KDL46HX853 and loved it so much I pre ordered the KDL55W905ABU on the 15th of May as I wanted a bigger TV for the living room. The only company in Scotland you could buy it from was John Lewis. When I did this there was no mention of phones or any sort of promotion on the website or anywhere but I liked my 46" Bravia so much I wasnt bothered I just wanted it.

When my tv arrived on the 23rd there was nothing at all to inform me of the promo no leaflets or anything. A few days later I went on the sony site and the promotion had appeared so I contacted John Lewis and asked them to look into it because if I wasnt going to get the phone I would return the tv and buy another as it was still within seven days. They promised me they would phone back but didnt. I contacted John Lewis again and this time got someone from the right department who said they would contact Sony on my behalf to get the codes I need. They never got back to me. I phoned them a few days later and they said they had no record or my other calls so I asked for a manager and they said one would call me back. One actually called two days later and after explaining everything again for the fourth time he said he had no record of the original calls and asked me if I got the operators name. That was the end for me with John Lewis I don't like being called a liar so I politely told him to forget it.

On the 10/6 I received an E-mail from Sony telling me to claim my Xperia phone and fill in this form which I did and it came back saying claim was submitted successfully. It then told me what to do next part of which was sending the leaflet that came with the tv and other things. As i stated earlier there was no leaflets or any mention of a phone with my tv.  So I mailed Sony and these are the exact copies.

message: I pre ordered my Bravia on the 15/05/2013 and received it on the 23/5/2013. My online receipt        shows I paid for it on the 15/5/2013 will I still qualify?

Reply:Unfortunately not. Not because the online receipt was issued on the    15th, but because according to the terms and conditions, you have 15    days after purchase to enroll.
    The 11th of June (date of your email) is more than 15 days (even    after the 23d of May).

message:Where was the information hidden that would have told me about the phone and how to apply as there was nothing with the tv and nothing on the website when I bought it? Where did it tell me about the 15 days?

Reply:We are very sore that you weren't made aware at the moment of purchase. Unfortunately we have no means to alter the terms of the campaign and I am afraid your registration will not be accepted.

What I dont understand is why they sent me the E-mail when they know I dont qualify. I wasnt really bothered when I bought the second tv even though it was very expensive but I do get annoyed when I feel I have been punished for supporting Sony by pre ordering. So I will just do my talking with debit card. John Lewis will never see  my custom again and as for Sony it is so disappointing that a company which has a fantastic technical team producing top quality products seems to be always let down by poor to mediocre admin. I wont say I will never buy a Sony product again but I certainly will think twice about it, what I will do is never pre order anything or buy from Sony direct.

hakjrla
Explorer

Weee i finaly got my phone today from DHL :grin: Now im so happy :grin: Thanks Sony :grin: :trophy:

STEVEB1244

Hi Drewdi,
Thanks for the reply.
Nothing to tell you that I have not already expressed.
No contact from the Escalation Group.
I assume they are inundated with customer complaints.
I am discussing the situation with Which Magazine and Advertising Standards with a view to publishing the misrepresentation of this promotion that lured me to purchase a Sony TV by unfair advantage against their competitors.
mlobotka
Explorer

Hi all, I'm living in Czech republic and got the phone yesterday - I mailed things on 15th of July and it arrived on August,7th. But I contacted SONY because I couldn't verify my status online and Czech customer support contacted the HQ in France for me. That may have sped up the process...or not. Who knows. Good luck to all, if you don't get the phone, try to contact local support and pressure them.

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

I was asked by email to review my perchase of the W9 TV which i did,on the questionaire there was a box. for positive and negative views about the perchase.
As positive i said good picture,on the negative side i mentioned that i had not received my xperia phone after 7 weeks now of waiting,
received an email today that they could not accept the review as it had negative views about Sony service.
I would then sugest to Sony that if they do not wish for negative views on there products that they up there service over for the customer
STEVEB1244

Hi Jetkeep,

That is almost unbelievable in it's arrogance.
Do you wonder what has happened at Sony?
You do not get this attitude from Samsung or Panasonic's customer relations.
Sony are loosing market position, ill founded promotions are a symptom of this.
The ineffectiveness of this Forum is another.
Samsung is by far more attuned to customer satisfaction, the basis of a prospering enterprise.
Sony are in decline, their inability to accept criticism is an internal problem prompted by staff intimidation.
It will necessate media coverage for these matters to be adequately addressed by Sony upper management.
This is imminent.
It would be interesting to have the forum's mediator's response as their's is the opportunity to exert influence, as yet to materialise.
profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi SteveB
I really do not understand Sony on this, why treat their customers like this, it is very bad management.
Either they cant handle the TV free Experia campaingne or they are not going too?
I work in Denmark as a journalist for a media company Radio TV and newspaper, we have discussed with the editors if we should go with this story? not a bad one at that.
topintu
Explorer

I am also trying to claim xperia z after purchasing W9 tv thinking it's a good deal over samsung but it's been 3 weeks since I posted my detials but no response from sony and redemption page is useless and gives wrong impression all to gather of nothing happening.

getting bit agitated but after checking messages on this forum, I see there is a major issue the way sony is handling their promotions. losing bit of a faith in sony now.. I suppose I just need to wait and wait.. 

Clho17x2ac
Explorer

Have waited for 8 weeks for my xperia z phone. Sick of this