Join now - be part of our community!

Sony kdl-w705 side led shadow

anisijaki
Explorer

Sony kdl-w705 side led shadow

Hello, I know this tv use side led but how can I set it that there is no 2cm dark shadow. Mostly seen on bright colours like when entering youtube screen or like that.
Please and I need calibration settings for sd and hd. Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only 2 real settings that would make a difference I think are:

[Black Corrector]: Enhances black areas of the picture for stronger contrast.
[Adv. Contrast Enhancer]: Automatically optimises [Backlight] and [Contrast] according to the brightness of the screen. This setting is effective for dark images and scenes.

They are in the Advanced Picture settings area.  Have a play with those 2 settings and see if it helps.

CHeers

anisijaki
Explorer

Thx mate... I was searching online and ppl said its normal that side has lill shadow...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.  Some people that its brighter at the edge of the screen than in the middle. But to be honest, you would only see that in very dark rooms on dark video scenes.  Most cases tweek the picture settings to your liking, and you;ll be fine :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

The corners are darker because of uneven lighting. That's a common problem in LCD TVs.

If you mean that the right and left edges appear darker, particularly when showing bright colors, I think it has more to do with the limited viewing angles. Try looking the edge when you're right in front of it, rather than the center of the screen.

In both cases there's nothing you can do.