Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Customer Service

Sony Customer Service

Hi there,

Very briefly, I bought a Sony Bravia TV in late 2012. The TV developed a fault in late 2014 which has resulted in me being told by the engineer that I need a new screen. The television is covered under 5 year warranty. The engineer took the tv away and two weeks later Im told that the tv cant be repaired as Sony do not make that screen anymore.

I was then told that the engineer received an email from Sony saying they would replace the tv with another model.

I asked what the model was and if it was a new tv? I was told that he didnt know if it was new or old as the email didnt state and that the tv was a 42" model. The one that was sent back was a 40".

I was given a number to contact to find out more.

I then contacted five different phone numbers that I was passed onto, one from the other, and eventually spoke to a Mohammed about my issue.

I was told that this was a second hand tv which mines was, which was in pristine condition, was being replaced with.

I checked online and this tv is £429 new. I paid £800 for my tv plus extras meaning I spent just over £1000 in store that day when I purchased my tv.

I said I wasnt really happy about this and he replied that this was an automatic computer decision and I should be getting something better and he would sort it.

Two weeks downt the line and with multiple phone calls and emails being made I am no further forward.

Your advice on this if you have any would be gretaly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
garfield100

fwiw, it may be helpful if you can tell us the model numbers of TVs in question?  

In 2012, was it a 40HX723/753/823/853 ?

Only 42" TV on sale today for £429 is 42W705/6 and it does not even have 3D or proper motion interpolation (ie. no 'Motionflow' setting in picture settings menus).

Any replacement should be the same or similar in specification.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

Did you try speaking with the store where you bought it? Aren't they the ones who nominally provide the 5 year warranty?

Regarding W705B not having motion interpolation, it does on mine, though I'm not in the UK so maybe the software differs in different regions.