Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-32W651A...Pioneer VSX-323-k receiver SYNC...

NikolasP
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-32W651A...Pioneer VSX-323-k receiver SYNC...

Hello everyone , 

Recently i bought a Sony Bravia kdl-32w651a and a Pioneer av receiver VSX-323-k, which is an entry level receiver......

My Bravia has the Syncronise option like most Sony's.....So.....everything is connected via HDMI cables and the sound goes through TV to my Pioneer , no problem with sound passing through.....

On the SAT/CBL i have connected a satellite receiver box and on BD i have connected a multimedia player.....All of these connections go from the HDMI OUTPUT (pioneer) to the HDMI 1 (ARC) of the TV......

I have enabled the Bravia Sync and the Pionner is listed so everything is ok...

My problem is that i can control only the volume of the Pioneer av receiver......

Function ON/OFF together with TV is not working.....

When i watch satellite TV from my satellite box on position SAT/CBL , i can return to TV position , but from TV position i can not turn back to SAT/CBL , which means that i must use both of remote controls to go back......

..Sony remote control i need to change to HDMI and Pioneer remote control i need to change to SAT/CBL position.....

This is very annoying.........I though that the av receiver can switch between positions and signals.......

• Is my TV and my av receiver not compatible between eachother????but then why is recognized by my Sony... 
  • Is it a bad setting???
  • Is it the HDMI cable????
  • Is it normal that i can control only sound?????

Any suggestions????

Thank you very much for reading this...

Nikolas.:smileythumbsup:

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just going to summarise things up here:

• TV (W651) > HDMI 1(ARC) to HDMI OUT > AMP (VSX323K)
  • Sat box (HDMI Out) > AMP (HDMI IN - SAT/CBL)
  • TV - Control for HDMI = ON ??
  • AMP - ARC = ON?? (in HDMI Setup) NOTE: This also activates HDMI-CEC functions according to the manual

In the manual for the AMP, it states:

AMP CEC.jpg

This is one of the biggest problems with HDMI-CEC - it was supposed to be a standard, however each manufacturer seems to be implementing it slightly different.  Sometimes it works, other times it dont.

NikolasP
Explorer

Yes , TV Control for HDMI is ON & ARC is ON on the amp.......

The manual says that i should better turn OFF the HDMI Control on the player....does it mean the TV ??
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe so.  However its confusing, as why would turning it off on the TV make it work.  Its possible that there is a signal conflict, and the way Pioneer have impletemented CEC functions.

No harm in trying though :slight_smile:

If it makes no difference, turn it back on again (on the TV) and if there is a setting on your Sat box, try turning that off.  (and combinations of the TV as well)

NikolasP
Explorer

Yes i know, i will give it a try tomorrow....The strange is that the amp can take back the TV from Hdmi to Tv , but can not take it back to HDMI that my devices are connected......and that is the reason that i ask before for the sony firmware , cause i was thinking that maybe something is wrong with the new update....I mean the Sony recognizes the Pioneer and can control the Volume functions why not the On/Off and changing between signals TV>Hdmi ??I think too that there is a signal conflict, either from the TV or Pioneer......