Join now - be part of our community!

regular disconnects from internet

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

regular disconnects from internet

TV model KDL-43WG663

I have had this TV for a few months and it continues to display the same fault as my previous Sony TV-it will regularly drop internet connection......solution is,as always,to unplug tv from wall,perform a reset for a few minutes,then all is usually ok.....

this can be most frustrating at times and shouldn't be necessary;other than this fault the TV is fine and i do like this specific model....i have researched and found many comments to the effect that this is a known issue with Sony TV's that has never been addressed..

i have followed all specific guidance in the manual/i can't relocate the TV nearer to router to hard-wire it( i have reset the router regularly also).i know the WiFi connection is stable.

question,therefore,is will Sony ever fix this issue?also is it,indeed,a known problem here for other users-if so is there a solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @langdaler, as far as I'm aware, your TV model isn't affected by this issue. Which software version is currently installed?

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

thx for reply

disconnections from internet still occurring quite regularly,despite the usual steps i take to (temporarily) fix problem.

current software is   V8.609-1000-2.700-0002    (no updates available)

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @langdaler, the TV is up to date indeed. Try refreshing internet content by pressing (Settings - System Settings - Setup - Network - Refresh Internet Content).

Besides, a good way to check if the TV's WIFI module is working fine, is by testing the TV with different network such as your smartphone Hotspot. I'd recommend trying this to check if the issue is TV related or not.

profile.country.GB.title
langdaler

thx. i have refreshed Internet content- i will check other recommendation,see if it will work.