Join now - be part of our community!

optical sound between KDL-46W905A BDV-NF720

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

optical sound between KDL-46W905A BDV-NF720

I use the optical cable for the sound from the KDL-46W905A TV to the BDF-NF720

It works and sounds good.

Now for the strange problem, when the tv is on standby in the night, and you turn the tv on in the morning sometimes the BDF-NF720 not start automatically no sound, then i turn the tv off and then on it works both sound and of course tv, this is a random problem sometimes it works ok sometimes not.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As both your TV and Bluray system support HDMI ARC, try connecting a HDMI cable from the HDMI 1 (ARC) port on the TV to the HDMI out (ARC) port on the bluray player instead of using Optical.  Then test this. 

Cheers

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

The TV and BD units are connected with both optical cable and HDMI1 ARC.
The Bravia sync is set to on, on both TV and BD units, its the Bravia tv sync not turning the
BDV-NF720 on, sometimes it does, sometimes not, very random fault.
Could be a software bug?
Anonymous
Not applicable

That might be the issue. 

You dont need the Optical cable at all

As you have connected the HDMI cable to the ARC ports.  This might be giving a conflict.  Therefore disconnect that optical cable, and just double check your settings on the NF720 so that your audio is going via HDMI.

ARC = Audio Return Channel.

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi
Never could get audio to work between the TV and BD via the HDMI cable.
Thinking are there HDMI cables not having ARC capabilties? only one way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have an older (or cheap generic) HDMI cable, might be best to replace it, HDMI 1.4a cable (would be good). 

Thinking about it, replacing the HDMI cable wouldnt be a bad thing - and also might be connected to your problem (potential HDMI handshake issue).  Best to rule it out anyhow. 

A 2metre Pro Gold Red(1.4a) on Amazon is only £8 as well - so they arnt expensive at all.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

not sure of your model tv but try pressing options on your remote, scroll to speakers and set from tv to audio system and try this ( if it allows you to) :wink:

profile.country.DK.title
jetkeep

Hi
Its more the Bravia sync not turning the audio system on when i turn the tv on, it should do this
the sound always works when it gets turned on, and this a random thing, sometimes it turns the audio system on and sometimes not.
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

never had a problem like that, having said that you could try as quinnicus said and use the latest cable, i use one of these-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IBRA%C2%AE-PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=138825327...

very good cable for the money, perhaps ditch the optical in favour of ARC see if that works for you?