Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on HDMI via PC input - Bravia KDL32EX401

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gwidian
Visitor

No sound on HDMI via PC input - Bravia KDL32EX401

I have my PC connected to the HDMI1 slot via a DVI to HDMI adaptor and the sound output of the PC connected to the PC Audio In of the TV via a 3.5 audio cable.

I have changed the PC Audio Input setting from PC to HDMI1, however there appears to be no sound coming from the TV when set to the HDMI1 channel.

The sound however works fine when set the PC Audio Input setting is set to PC and the TV is on the PC channel. But as I want the PC to be connected via the HDMI port I have a bit of a problem.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.tr_TR.title
Visitor

You should look to your audio settings and open the HDMİ sound enabled

gofrost

check to see if your motherboard has a DVI-D connection if it has you can connect to tv via an DVI-D to HDMI lead as DVI-D supports audio you will also have to enable hdmi audio drivers  on your board and share some system memory if it supports this this differs from board to board also connecting this way will enable you to view HDCP content

Gwidian
Visitor

My video card has DVI-D connections. However, my motherboard has no internal S/PDIF connection so I can't pass the sound into the card.

flycop2000
Explorer

Did anybody get this to work?

I have a KDL 32S3000 connected via HDMI to my PC and a 3.5mm audio jack connected to Green audio out on my PC sound card and to the black socket on the TV but can get no sound?

If I set TV to Input No 8 (PC) which uses the old VGA connector, I get sound!

Any ideas?