Join now - be part of our community!

Most HD channels no longer working since last firmware update (Bravia KDL-46W905A)

kevatronic5000
Explorer

Most HD channels no longer working since last firmware update (Bravia KDL-46W905A)

Hi

For the last 2 weeks I have been unable to watch any HD channles using the built in freeview tuner.

All other channels are fine, It is only the channels broadcasting at 474Mhz frequency range which are having problems. The signal quality is showing in the range 2-5, causing continuous interference.

I have tried using another TV which works perfectly - so the problem is only with the Bravia. 

I noticed that the firmware was auto updated on the 23/06, which ties in with when the problems started happening?

Has anyone else noticed similar issues since the latest firmware update?

I have tried multiple re-tunes bit to no avail. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If it was an issue with the firmware, I would have expected to see a lot more posts on the forums about it.  So a couple of things you could try

1. Unplug the aerial cable from the TV, and retune the TV.  This should "blank" all the stations.
  2. Turn TV off once 'blanked' plug aerial cable back in, and retune TV in again.  It should then find all stations.

If that does not work - perform a factory reset of the TV.

If that still doesnt work, find your transmitter on the http://www.ukfree.tv/starthere.php website and see if there are any reported problems.

Hope that helps

Cheers

kevatronic5000
Explorer

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I think i agree, I would also expect more replies if this was indeed a firmware problem. It must just be a coincidence that the issues started around the time of the update.

I gave in last night and performed a factory re-set on the TV. The picture is still breaking up but the problem is definitely not as bad as before. I've noticed that the HD channels are now tuned to channel 57, where they were previously on channel 21. So I assume they have been picked up from a different transmitter this time round. 

The signal quality is still only at 2-5. The only other thing I can think of that may have caused this is the weather. We have been experiencing some high pressure in the area which may affect the signal. I live in Scotland so it won't be long before a low pressure system comes in! I'll wait an see if the signal quality improves. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Also have a look at the aerial cable.  Is it of good condition?  Try swapping it with the other TV - the one that works perfectly?

Cheers