Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46R470A TV is 50 or 100 Hz ?

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

KDL46R470A TV is 50 or 100 Hz ?

Just bought Sony KDL46R470 thinking (and paying) for an 100 Hz TV, however on the back side it reads 50.

Have I been cheated ?

I'd highly appreciate if somebody let me know.

Many thanks in advance ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi siegund10,

Motionflow XR 100Hz means your KDL-46R470 has a 50hz panel but Sony use XR Motionflow technology to reduce blur & smooth the picture image to simulate a 100Hz equivalent image..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

The specifications here: Click me say its "Motionflow XR 100Hz" :slight_smile:

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, however that's what I thought also before buying. Can you please explain why on the back side it reads:

220V-240V 50HZ 107W

Besides it reads LCD TV not LED.

Perhaps these specification mean something else?

I can give the SN also if interested.

Please let me know!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi siegund10,

Motionflow XR 100Hz means your KDL-46R470 has a 50hz panel but Sony use XR Motionflow technology to reduce blur & smooth the picture image to simulate a 100Hz equivalent image..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I believe that your TV is 50hz, but with Motion Flow XR 100, it is simulated to feel like 100hz.  Where-as a TV with Motion Flow XR-200 is a 100hz tv, simulated to feel like 200hz

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/lcd-television/latest/article/motionflow

LCD/LED = The panel is actually LCD and uses LED backlighting - This is quite normal in the industry.  The LED backlighting reduces the depth of the previous generation of LCD TV's.

Chhers

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

I thank you all for your replies, however I know that the human eye cannot detect any difference beyond 100Hz and the war of Hz is actually a war between brands for proving that their products are of higher quality. However I wanted my brand new TV to be on 100 HZ limit and I wonder if this simulation is worth to mention.

The 50hz on the back is the frequency of the power supply. Uk is 50hz 240v

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV's refresh rate will be 50hz, with LED Motion Mode to "feel" like 100hz

Cheers