Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-55w815b weird sound problem

exisspl
New

kdl-55w815b weird sound problem

Hi,

I have bought kdl-55w815b tv over Christmas. I am using it with quite old Sony home cinema. They were connected to each other via aux cable and everything was working fine. Couple of days ago the aux jack on the home cinema broke (sound goes only through two speakers). So I decided to connect it to the tv with scart cable and everything works perfectly fine. I use correct setting on the home cinema, I change the speaker setting on the tv to use audio system. However, when I try to use an app like youtube, bbc iplayer or any other, there is no sound at all. I have to change the tv setting back to use the tv speakers. Same with hdmi, when I connect my laptop to the tv there is no sound. I have to change it back to use tv speakers, then everything works. Why on earth does the tv make it so difficult to get sound via scart cable? Does anyone know a workaround? I find it quite ridiculous that a tv that expensive can't do such a simple thing as play audio through a cable it supports. It has the newest firmware installed as well. My home cinema does not have a hdmi to plug it in, so scart is the only option.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

SCART is designed to ouput only the internal TV decoder, nothing else. So you'll never get output from app or any device attached to the TV. I'm sorry