Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W829B + BDV-N5200W

Slashformayor
Explorer

KDL-50W829B + BDV-N5200W

I have tried for hours to get my above TV connected via ARC to my BDV-N5200W. The receiver has HDMI control on, ARC set to 'Auto' and HDMI Input to HDMI. The TV has all Bravia Sync options turned on and speaker output set to 'Audio System'.
Even after double checking the above, and even removing all other inputs (Lan, Optical and HDMI etc) so as just the Receiver and TV are connected, in the list of Bravia Sync connected devices it comes shows 0. Even when i press ok on the highlighted enable button, nothing happens. I have also tried reverting to default settings and unplugging both units for 30 seconds.
I ordered the Surroud system based on the TV being Sony, and the fact that i required ARC as the receiver is in a TV unit. I have tried for many hours going through the same options with no luck and have gotten really frustrated with it.
As of now i have no audio (unless i use the built in TV speakers) and no way of operating the receiver unless i use the receiver remote with the unit door open. If i use a TOSLink cable from the TV to the receiver i can get audio, but that is all.

11 REPLIES 11
Slashformayor
Explorer

Unfortunately no, my only other TV is an old Panasonic.

If i try another HDMI cable to rule that out, is it a case of taking the BD player or TV back as faulty?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

To be sure you have to try one of them (or both) with another bravia sync device: do you have any friend with a Sony TV or BD player?

In any case try the power reset procedure, it could help

PS: my guess is the problem it's on the TV: by pressing the sync menu you should have a list of devices (even without any actual row, not the presentation you saw...)