Join now - be part of our community!

Does KDL-32W705B support CI+?

SOLVED
Lajcsib.a
Explorer

Does KDL-32W705B support CI+?

Hi,

I'm going to by a KDL-32W705B.

It has CAM interface, but the w7 isn't on the cableTV providers CI+ compatibility list.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the specifications HERE the TV supports DVB-C only.  There is no mention of CI+ in the specs.  It would be mentioned if it was supported, therefore I would say it is NOT supported.

CAM.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV does have a CAM port but the TV may not be specified for CI+

I have checked another TV that does support CI+ and its stated in its product specifications (ie KDL-60W855B)

Unfortunately I can only go by the specifications posted by Sony - for confirmation, it might be best to get it from the horses mouth as they say. But if the TV is also not on the supported CI+ list from your cable operator - its not looking good.

Contact Sony Support or their Sales team to find out.  The UK detail are HERE, but if you are located in another country the detail will be on their site as well.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

According to the specifications HERE the TV supports DVB-C only.  There is no mention of CI+ in the specs.  It would be mentioned if it was supported, therefore I would say it is NOT supported.

CAM.jpg

Cheers

Lajcsib.a
Explorer

Hi,

this TV has PCMCIA port, and there is something in the online manual.

Every other new device supports CI+...

Is it possible to omit CI+ from the manual or Sony leave out this feature?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV does have a CAM port but the TV may not be specified for CI+

I have checked another TV that does support CI+ and its stated in its product specifications (ie KDL-60W855B)

Unfortunately I can only go by the specifications posted by Sony - for confirmation, it might be best to get it from the horses mouth as they say. But if the TV is also not on the supported CI+ list from your cable operator - its not looking good.

Contact Sony Support or their Sales team to find out.  The UK detail are HERE, but if you are located in another country the detail will be on their site as well.

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

As Quinnicus correctly stated it's better to have confirmation by Sony itself, but I would say that it shouldn't be possible that a 2014 lineup television doesn't support CI+ (meaning HD payment channels). Much older television (like mine 2008's W4000 ) doesn't support it even having onboard an HD enable DVB-T tuner