Join now - be part of our community!

Insert memory card everytime i take picture

SOLVED
Not applicable

Insert memory card everytime i take picture

Recently, after i take picture(s), the screen will prompt me to "Insert Memory Card"... After i off & on and inserted the SD card, take 1 or 2 picture(s), it will prompt me again. Then, watever picture(s) (the latest one) was not saved... I can only view all the old pictures only.

Next, when i deleted all the pictures in the album, they will still appear again after i off & on the phone... Tried deleted them from the Media Go but still after off & on, they will appear again...

Please help... Many Many Thanks in advance

Shine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dr_Chris
Champion

What you should try is formatting the card first: this is equivalent to a reset on a phone, so you need to back up all the card data on the PC first.You can either format the card in your phone, or if this option isn't there, you can use a USB card reader and format on the PC, which is actually the safer way.If formatting doesn't solve the problem, then get another memory card and see if a new one behaves as it should.Let me know what happens.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable

seems like there is a problem with the card itself. It could be damaged or the area of the card which the phone reads off, might be scratched

Not applicable

OIC... Thanx ya... Looks like i have to buy a new SD card then...

Not applicable

Btw, do i need to send the phone for servicing or just purchase a new SD card? What is your advise?

Not applicable

well, try using the card on another phone or computer if you can and check if the problem persists

Dr_Chris
Champion

What you should try is formatting the card first: this is equivalent to a reset on a phone, so you need to back up all the card data on the PC first.You can either format the card in your phone, or if this option isn't there, you can use a USB card reader and format on the PC, which is actually the safer way.If formatting doesn't solve the problem, then get another memory card and see if a new one behaves as it should.Let me know what happens.

Not applicable

I've tried resetting the phone and formatting the card as well... I didnt back-up any datas cos i want to so called "clean" all datas in the card but still failed... After off & on, all old pictures still there but i cant take any new picture(s) cos it will prompt me to "insert memory card" again... I'm soooo frustrated Slightly_frowning_Face

Dr_Chris
Champion

Have you run the update service on your phone?

Not applicable

Yup... I've done the update service on my phone as well... Seems like no new update for my phone already... haiz... All other functions, work perfectly fine. Only the camera function dat caused me to get very upset... I like the phone very much!! Crying_Face

Not applicable

i also have the same problem...i have checked the amount i still have on the card and i only used very little. i still have1.48 gb out og 1.86gb. but not i cannot use the camera and that the reason i bought this cellphone and now i cannot use it in just less than a month from the date i bought it. Slightly_frowning_Face it is so sad it takes time for me to go back to the store.