Join now - be part of our community!

Cost

SOLVED
Not applicable

Cost

I am currently on contract and when i texted O2, it said i have gone over by £4.54 im unsure of how i used this money.

Is there any way or option to check what EXACTLY is causing me to lose credit?

and also when you go onto the android market but download free apps, does it cost you to go onto teh android market in the first place? or does it cost you to USE the apps???

Hope to see your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Sorry I meant that I connect to the internet with my phone via my home wifi and then access the android market on the phone in the normal way... its just that you are using your home broadband connection to do it rather than over the airways on your phone contract which is going to cost you. It may be worth speaking to your carrier too and see what sort of data plan you could tag on to your current contract, it may not be that expensive to add a bit of data if you don't have access to a wireless network for free wifi.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
suze
Leader

You are using data whilst searching and downloading apps so if you have no data plan then that could be it.  Some apps use data too, but without knowing what you have on your phone its hard to say. For example if you are updating Twitter or Facebook downloading emails you would be using data.

The safest thing would be to turn off the data if you are concerned about the issue.  There is a widget called Data Traffic that you can have on your screen to toggle it on and off. 

Not applicable

thanks so by turning off the data traffic theres no chance (apart from calls and texts) i will be charged extra?

suze
Leader

Thats about the size of it yes.  My X8 is only on loan to me and I have a pay as you go sim in it with no data plan so that is how I have it set up.  I just use my home wifi for downloading apps/facebook/twitter/web browsing etc which costs nothing. 

Not applicable

so hw do you use your computer to download apps for free ? and once you downloaded them using your computer and you add them to your phone it doesnt cost anything to use?

suze
Leader

Sorry I meant that I connect to the internet with my phone via my home wifi and then access the android market on the phone in the normal way... its just that you are using your home broadband connection to do it rather than over the airways on your phone contract which is going to cost you. It may be worth speaking to your carrier too and see what sort of data plan you could tag on to your current contract, it may not be that expensive to add a bit of data if you don't have access to a wireless network for free wifi.

Not applicable

okay thanks for all the help =]