Join now - be part of our community!

1.6 to 2.1 update

SOLVED
Not applicable

1.6 to 2.1 update

Hi All, Been reading posts, am interested to know about the firmware upgrades for the X10, mine has been playaing about for past 3months. I am on O2, so i assume locked, when i got the phone in April, 09 when finally released, i was told that SE were working on the release of 2.1, BUT dont get too excited, as the X10 on 1.6 WILL NOT be up gradeable to 2.1!!! due to some comparison problems. Is this "BS" does someone know, would the update come from SE site or O2, or via the phone....would this update to firmware solve the new problems of sign in to twitter, which all phone company's new about last December, but still didnt tackle the problem. Timescape is rendered useless on mine as it wont update from twitter due to sign in problems, and for some reason doesnt update FB, only tells me last e-mail & text, which i already now having read them. If someone can shed some light then thanks, if not i guess wait for the next free upgrade!! Thanks Shaun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sushidushi
Contributor

I don't know what your source is, but it isn't a reliable one.  The phone can and will be upgraded soon.  I think, but I'm not entirely sure, that o2 has announced that the upgrade for their phones will be around the end of November, doubtless after they have added their own mark to it.  When the update is available to you, I think you'll get a message informing you of the update and you'll need to go to the Sony Ericsson website withthe phone attached to your computer and transfer the new software to the phone.

Have you gone to the settings for Timescape to check that Facebook is checked as something that is to be displayed...?  Hit menu button - Settings - Customize tiles.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

Sorry, wrong year April 2010

LOL

sushidushi
Contributor

I don't know what your source is, but it isn't a reliable one.  The phone can and will be upgraded soon.  I think, but I'm not entirely sure, that o2 has announced that the upgrade for their phones will be around the end of November, doubtless after they have added their own mark to it.  When the update is available to you, I think you'll get a message informing you of the update and you'll need to go to the Sony Ericsson website withthe phone attached to your computer and transfer the new software to the phone.

Have you gone to the settings for Timescape to check that Facebook is checked as something that is to be displayed...?  Hit menu button - Settings - Customize tiles.

Not applicable

Hi Sushi,

Thanks for the info, and the reply, the source is "O2 Tech Guru"!!!! or that is his description...perhaps not a very informative one, i have had the new "Update Service" download come through, but dont think this relates to update of 2.1.

So hopefully i should be able to download from SE site when available.

Timescape...well different issue, boxes as you ask are checked, but it hasnt really worked correctly since twitter changed their sign in protocol.

Hopefull, this will be resolved with 2.1 as well.

Many Thanks

Shaun

sushidushi
Contributor

I think that the X10 phone might have difficulties with Android 3.0 because it only has 384kB of RAM, rather than the recommended 500kB.  Or something like that.  In any case, that isn't something we need to worry about just yet, if at all.  We don't yet know if we are going to get 2.2, let alone anything later.  If the update message you have does relate to 2.1, I think you'd be the first!  With any luck, it won't be too long now, but they say that a watched pot never boils...

There have been messages on the forum about signing in to Twitter, I think.  If I find anything that might be relevant, I'll put up a link to the message...

sushidushi
Contributor

The message below is the one I was thinking of.  SIt would seem that it's possible to sign in to Twitter through the web browser and various apps, but some people are having trouble with it in Timescape.  With any luck, that will be resolved with the upgrade to 2.1.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/12324#12324

Not applicable

I think, Twitter changed their sign in/security protocol, which is why cant sign in using timescape or twitter application provided with X10, but can do using browser or seesmic, i had got use to using timescape, it a quick way and i quite liked it

Shaun