Join now - be part of our community!

Power\lock button does not working

ntRanga
Visitor

Power\lock button does not working

My Sony Xperia M5 has recently has been spalshed with a few drops of water through the window of my home because of heavy rainfall

As i woke up in the morning, I found that there were water everywhere from display to back side of the phone however phone was still On

As the phone was lying on the floor with leaked rain water through the window. i could still use the phone. It was later i discovered that both my 21 mega pic and front 13 meda pic had very blurred photos taken and white clouds inside the camera, my ear piece stopped working.

Now the highlight is, my Lucky sony m5 started working fine after 2 days with all the issues resolved automatically (i did not take it to the service center because it is a non removable back and i dont want a service person to tear through my phone, its a personal phone anyways i dont want to ruin it)

Now the problem am having is,

My power button stopped responding, i can use all functions of phone with no issues but how do i put the display to off?

iam unable to shutdown the phone even if the phone with dispaly on all the time switches off then how can i power on my phone

so as of now my phone is charging but iam sure that it is going to drain fast because the display is always on. i had to do factory reset my phone because i kept getting a pop up to power off and restart without me pressing the button, Reset did not help.

now am wondering how to make the power button work. it is unresponsive.am afraid if phone switches off, how can i get to power on. apart from this issue my phone is working absolutely fine.

My M5 is still a master piece water proof king

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ntRanga

You will probably have to get it replaced by your Local support