Join now - be part of our community!

XR-42A90K OLED TV & HT-S2000 Soundbar HDMI eARC issues

profile.country.GB.title
TomDDS
New

XR-42A90K OLED TV & HT-S2000 Soundbar HDMI eARC issues

Just got a new XR-42A90K OLED TV and I'm having a lot of issues using HDMI eARC to connect my Sony HT-S2000 Soundbar. It is so bad I've had to resort to using an optical connection which works fine. Only issue with optical is it doesn't work with the newer audio formats (Atmos) and I can't control volume via the TV remote.

I've tried all the settings on the TV and different HDMI cables including a new Amazon Basics 48Gbps High-Speed, 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz but nothing helps.

The issues are as follows:

- If using Dolby Atmos audio either from the inbuilt apps (Amzon Prime, Disney etc...) or on my PS5 the sound cuts out every few seconds. Switching to normal Dolby audio output or DTS resolves it at least on the PS5, no clue how to downgrade the audio on the apps.

- After the TV has been on for a while, especially after being in standby, the connection suddenly stops with the TV showing a connection error, and it reverts to TV sound. The only way to restore the audio out to the soundbar is to restart the TV via the system menu.

I've updated the firmware to the latest June release and the soundbar worked fine on my previous TV via eARC, also a Sony.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@TomDDS 

Is your new HDMI cable ‘with Ethernet’?

Have you tried the HDMI cable that worked previously with your earlier eARC device?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
TomDDS
New

I've tried a few HDMI cables, latest one was Amazon Basics 48Gbps High-Speed, 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz which is described as Ethernet Ready