Join now - be part of our community!

XH90 multiple issues - Sound, Android, Alexa

profile.country.RO.title
DanOpri87
Explorer

XH90 multiple issues - Sound, Android, Alexa

Hi all,

Joined this forum as a last ditch effort in trying not to sell my newly-bought XH90 because of soooo many issues! Have to mention this is my 4th Android Sony TV, but by far, the buggiest. I thought that maybe after all these years, the development would've been more advanced and the bugs would stop. Boy was I wrong! Getting to the issues:

SOUND

- currently using a Sony G700 soundbar along with my 55" XH90 and the sound randomly stops while watching TV from various sources. Sometimes it does it during TV, other times during Netflix, or also during casting. It feels like it stops communicating with the TV. Connection is HDMI, through the ARC port. I did try changing the cable, issues' still occurring.

ANDROID

- AirPlay only worked the first day. After that, I wasn't able to mirror anything, the TV would just not appear in the list of devices available to mirror. Not on my iPhone, not on the Mac. Right now, I can see the TV in the list of devices for mirroring, but it would not receive casting from any of the afore-mentioned devices.

- Random freezes of the interface. If I want to quickly switch between apps, there's a 30% chance the system will freeze, and the long-press of the power button doesn't work for restarts. I have to unplug for 10 secs. 

- Alexa not working. Ok, this might be intentional, but it is extremely frustrating. Not residing in the UK, which is apparently one of the very few EU markets (soon not even EU, eh? :grin: ) where Alexa is active. I don't have the Alexa app, and if I change countries to the UK, I lose a ton of the TV channels, because during setup the TV will scan for channels in the UK typical bands. Any workarounds?

I'm running the latest firmware v6.0414 and all of the above were happening BEFORE and AFTER the firmware update. So this didn't solve it. What the update did seem to solve, was the crackling sound of the PS5 in 1/3 boot-ups. I didn't mention this above because it is solved now. 

TIA for any pointers, I really don't want to sell this one. I've always chosen Sony for the image quality and I still think that in conventional LED, Sony is second to none. 

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey DanOpri87, if you would like to give it another go, try a factory reset after the update, sometimes it needs to start fresh to settle.