Join now - be part of our community!

xg8396 since latest updates having problems

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

xg8396 since latest updates having problems

I am having problems, little problems like info bar popping up at top of screen when using 4K Blu-ray player. internet when streaming sometimes keeps going Glitchy and searching for Internet, cannot turned on tv via mobile even though the option to have mobile device connected to turn on device turned on, when option is on. Due to Wi-Fi always being off when in standby. when is there going to be an update to fix these issues.. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @D-Law81,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly - but described issue sounds a lot like https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/how-to-solve-network-not-connected-erro...

If I misunderstood your description, kindly attach photos of your TV screen with the error message/s in your next reply.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

There's not message when put in standby the TV turns off WiFi.. So when I turn on Tv have to wait for TV to reconnect Internet.. And cos its not connected when in stand by can't use phone to link to TV. Plus I have turn on device via phone turned on... 

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

There's no sound issues please read again. When TV put in stand by WiFi is turning off. But I have WiFi set to stay on, plus have mobile device allowed to turn on Tv in settings..... - But cos the TV is turning off WiFi can't turn on Tv with phone cos WiFi is off on TV in standby... 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @D-Law81,

I never said anything about "sound issues" - kindly read my last comment again.

Best would be to connect your TV via LAN I would say because woL (wake on LAN) will definetly work then. Not sure why the WiFi worked in the past when the TV was in standby but doesn't work anymore.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
D-Law81

Will keep as is, cos lan is slower than WiFi on TV.