Join now - be part of our community!

Viaplay app

SOLVED
Loosefaith
Explorer

Viaplay app

Have anyone gotten the viaplay app from the google store working becouse mine installes but wont start and dosent show up under apps only under settings apps downloaded apps.

My tv is a kd-55xd8505

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Loosefaith
Explorer

Just talked to viaplay today and they say that it ofc is an error that its on the store amd will have there tecnician on it to find out what went wrong.

And from what ive beem told both from sony and viaplay there isent and most likly will never be a viaply app on sony tv's.

But the again that can all change in the future ofc.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Viaplay is not supported on the AndroidTV platform yet (as far as I am aware).  You have probably tried to 'Sideload' the app via the Google Play Store on a PC, which will mean you would need to also install another app "Sideload Launcher - Android TV" - HERE.  However even if it loads up, I doubt it will be 'remote control' friendly.

According to Viaplay, these are the supported devices:

https://viaplay.se/devices

Hence no Sony Android TV.  However it does mention Chromecast.  So you might be able to display the videos on the TV if you cast it via a mobile phone or tablet etc.

Cheers

Loosefaith
Explorer

No sideloading its downloaded from the google play store on the tv no funni business in that regard.

Will put up a picture of it tommorrow dont have one from the play store.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Loosefaith wrote:

No sideloading, it's downloaded from the google play store on the tv, no funny business in that regard.

Will put up a picture of it tomorrow, don't have one from the play store.

I have looked for Viaplay on the Google Play Store on my UK KD-43X8309C, and no result for it is returned.

I see that it appears to be a Scandinavian service, so perhaps it is available on your territory, if that is where you are, but can you double-check that you got it from the Google Play Store on the TV, perhaps provide a screenshot showing it being returned as a result there?

Since if it is on the Google Play Store on the TV, I would certainly agree with you that it ought to work.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Loosefaith
Explorer

20170117_160938.jpg

Loosefaith
Explorer

20170117_160938.jpg

Loosefaith
Explorer

Have been in contact with sony support and they said that there is no plan what so ever for a viapaly app.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Loosefaith wrote:

Have been in contact with sony support and they said that there is no plan what so ever for a viaplay app.

Hi - Well, I for one am satisfied you have proved your point.

Assuming you are talking to Sony in Scandinavia, I suggest you show them your screenshots, and ask them what it is you are looking at?

And why, given that the Google Play Store is carefully curated to contain only apps that will run on the TVs requesting them, you can get this app downloaded, but it does not work at all?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
Loosefaith
Explorer

I can download it but it dosent work sadly.

Will try and talk to the support again and hear what they have to say

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is interesting that Viaplay is on the Google Play TV Store.  However as I mentioned above, there is no mention of Sony TVs supporting Viaplay on the Viaplay website.

Sony Support also will not be able to help you, simply because they have no control or input on the Google Play TV Store - the issue is between Viaplay and Google themselves.  I would advise contacting Viaplay themselves.

Cheers