Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 49X8309C will not power on

profile.country.GB.title
angusm2000
New

Sony Bravia 49X8309C will not power on

For a while now, when trying to turn on my Bravia, I can’t get the set to load past the Sony logo. I have tried unplugging, disconnecting from the socket, changing sockets, a reset (pressing volume down and power off together).

I notice several people on this forum have had identical problems, so maybe it’s a fault on this product. Some suggest the power supply board might need replacing, but any ideas how much this costs? I think my tv is around 4 years old.

I’d really appreciate any help or guidance!

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Angus,

You might want to performed a forced factory reset first and see if it helps:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/articles/00159906

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.NO.title
Nelu21
Explorer

Hi Peter_S,

It is good that you are just comforting people with theirs problems by replying with standard answers. People have tried this since 2015, also angusm2000 did, (power and volume minus buttons pressed, wait on green light, release buttons and factory reset is ongoing, bla, bla). This has not worked for very many members. I have a similar problem (TV stucked at start at Android logo and switch off and on few times, it is a 55X9005C model). I could not see on this forum one single solution on this issue (except one where the dealer sent a technician and did a part replacement. Not sure if I missed anything. Would appreciate any help. 

profile.country.GB.title
angusm2000
New

Hi there,
I had the same issue. The tv was stuck in what’s called a ‘power loop’. The only advice I can give you is to check your manufacturers warranty, as mine was 3 years and still valid (just).
Sony were very prompt and the repair contractor came out within a few days and replaced the power board, which apparently is the cause in 95% of cases.
Best wishes.

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.NO.title
Nelu21
Explorer

Thanks for your prompt reply angusm2000. I understood that either the power or mainboard need to be replaced. I will try to check if there are any Sony authorised technicians around. I do not think my TV is on guaranty. Thanks again.

profile.country.NO.title
Nelu21
Explorer

Thanks again for information regarding the solution on this issue. I understand that the technician replaced the power board. Is named G1D (ADPD-330A1 A !?
Thanks.
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Nelu21, you can locate the nearest service centre using this link: https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters/?zoom=5&latitude=54.29088&longitude=-2.37305&categories=te...

Enter your postcode then hit search. I would say check the warranty  status first.

profile.country.NO.title
Nelu21
Explorer

Thanks for reply. My Sony is from 2016 and i would presume not in waranty. I live in Norway and the service centers are much fewer. Five hours drive is the closest one. Since the labour rates are very high here, new TV set coul be next move (not Sony Bravia this time). I have an older tv bravia from 2005 at the cabin which still is working very well. So i would think that more high tech and Android experiments Sony is doing, lower the quality of Bravia products will be. Thanks anyway for your advise.