Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 43x83 Network Discovery

profile.country.GB.title
D_E_Manton
Explorer

Sony 43x83 Network Discovery

Is anyone else having difficulty with the X83 series detecting windows shares on a network?

I have a server running two kinds of shares - Windows shared folders and a UPNP server.  The server has a static IP address and a consistent DNS namespace.  It has the required ports open and no firewall issues.

The windows shared folders are obviously shared in the normal way and any computer on my network can find them.  They don't need any specific username or password for access, they're just available.  The TV can't see them at all or if it can asks me what username and password to use for access to these shared folders.  I've checked access on the server, they're shared for 'Everyone' to access with no log in details required.  Why can't the TV access them?  Sometimes it can't even see the network shares are there.

When it comes to the UPNP server I've accessed it using the Kodi app - As no normal app will access these shared folders from the TV's set up!  But every time I have to search for a UPNP server again from the begininning and re set it up.

What's wrong with the TV, why can't it consistently access a network shared drive?  Is there a specific app or way of doing it?

2 REPLIES 2
tbreakit
Explorer

Same problem only DLNA works fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_J

Could try the X-Plore app. It will browse networks and find windows PCs and their shares.