Join now - be part of our community!

OLED KD65AG9 Software Update Issues

profile.country.GB.title
Paul-Dom
Explorer

OLED KD65AG9 Software Update Issues

Late last week my KD 65AG9 had a software update, after this some of the functions ceased to work properly, I powered down the TV and left for a minute and then restarted it. This cleared most of the problems except for the access to TV text via the BBC channels. This does not function and I have checked using another TV and all is fine with the service. The text button and the 4 colour buttons associated with the text button on the remote control do not work. Is there a software issue with the latest update or is there a fault on my TV since the update on Friday? The TV is 11 months old and this is very concerning for such a quality TV to have such an issue. Can anyone help me?

60 REPLIES 60
profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

I hope so. I really miss the text service. It is very useful to me.

I can't believe that they were so stupid and removed it.

profile.country.GB.title
rickyxsara
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.  I tried what was advised but unfortunately it has not worked.

profile.country.GB.title
Peterm1326

Hi Folks,

thanks everyone for continuing to update this thread even though none of us are getting anywhere.

I am just on to give an update to my call which is ..................... yes you guessed it “our engineers are still working on your issue but still no update as of yet”  I asked if one of their engineers could call me directly to discuss this issue but as you may have also guessed that was not going to happen, hell why would you actually talk to the person directly who is having the issues you would be in danger of actually fixing their problems.

I did say that I will go for a warranty repair at which point the requested a copy of my receipt for the TV and warned that I could be charged if the engineer reports a “no fault found” 

I have bought many Sony products in the past but this will be my last.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi rickyxsara, I posted this on other threads, it seems that Sony is aware of the issue and working on something, although, there's no updates yet from any of the users other than this. I guess it's going to be a fix through an update.

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

Without wanting to sound rude, if Sony are aware of people having issues since the recent software update, why is it when communicating with customer service you are given conflicting answers as if they have not got a clue.

I feel like I am bashing my head against a wall when trying to get them to understand.

I have never experienced customer service like this before.

It's appalling. Whether they fix it or not, I am done with Sony products.

I always believed that paying more for a product meant it was a quality product. How wrong was I!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi dog-man, Sony published this recently: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00257438 I hope it helps.

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

My television is a 2019 model, even though I purchased it in February 2020, so unless I have read it wrong, removing the internet should give me back the text service. It doesn't.

Why would Sony want to remove the text service when it is still available on all other makes of television?

That totally baffles me. I personally, would never buy one without the text service unless of course the BBC completely removed the service, but that haven't.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, Are both buttons not working? Actually BBC posted that they are going to terminate the service entirely soon 😞

profile.country.GB.title
dog-man

That is not correct. The BBC reversed their decision to axe the text service quite some time ago due to opposition from the public. The service will be reduced over time though, but it will retain some important parts.

I have now had a response from the BBC.

>>>

Thank you for contacting BBC Reception Advice.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to access the text service on your Sony TV.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Steve. I can see how frustrating it must be for you as you use the service a lot and rely on it for your news, sport and weather.

We raised this with the relevant department for investigation. They have asked us to find out from you what Sony advised when you spoke to them, and whether they gave you any details about the software update at all? It would also be useful to know if they gave an indication as to why they believe the issue lies with the BBC.

It would be really useful if you could get back in touch with us using the return link below to let us know what further details Sony gave you regarding this. We will be happy to investigate further on your behalf once we know this.

Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Sarah Wright

BBC Audience Services
 >>>>>

So, it looks like Sony are lying about blaming the BBC for the loss of the text service. I would have been amazed if the BBC were responsible for a Sony software update.

profile.country.GB.title
Marty.S

Hi Dog-Man

Are you going to send the BBC this then?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00257438