Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C (Denmark)

MarloDK
Explorer

KD-49X8305C (Denmark)

KD-49X8305C (Denmark) - I bought this TV to be able to record, ie 2 pieces tuner. Turned out so that the software was not ready. It should then be ready now with the latest update, but no, does not work.
Have emailed several times with SONY on the problem, and they have responded very differently about what the error is, but now they do not say more.
They then pulled the last update back because of multiple errors.
I've got problems with TV restarting after the update has completed Reset to factory several times, but no change.
Anyone have the same problem, and possibly the right answer to the problem from SONY.
Very disappointing to buy a new TV and then discover that the software is not at all fully developed.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

fw version 3.317 does support hdd recording and has no side effect except in netherland for which a further release has benn issued.

you must download it from the web has it is not distributed via ota

MarloDK
Explorer

My TV is updated with the latest software.
But I get the message to HDD recording can not start. "Event could not be recorded due to an unexpected error"
This I have explained several times, and I bought brand new HDD with external power supply SONY recommended. It's as number 2 HHD I buy, but does not help.

profile.country.DK.title
riisboell
Explorer

I have the exact same issue with this TV in Denmark. I have tried with three different HDD's, including a Western Digital type with external power supply recommended by the Sony support team. I have made factory resets several times with no effect.

MarloDK
Explorer

Have had TV for repair by Elgiganten.
Showed that the update was not completed, do not know why, but it meant
that a Reset to factory did not allow for a new update.
They found out that my YouSee card holders were reasons why I could not
record, have inserted a new and now operate recording.