Join now - be part of our community!

[KD-43XG8396] HDMI Port #4 dead

AVLNCH
New

[KD-43XG8396] HDMI Port #4 dead

Hi Sony Community,

I'm facing a dilemma with my KD-43XG8396 TV where HDMI port number 4 is completely dead and will not provide any video or audio from a connected device.

Specifically, I connect any of my devices, such as my Apple TV, PS5 etc. into HDMI port 4 and the TV displays 'No signal' on a black screen with no picture or sound. However, all of my devices work perfectly and are detected instantly by the TV when connected to HDMI ports 1, 2 or 3.

So far I have tried;

- Soft reset with the remote

- Hard reset by unplugging the TV from power (and all devices disconnected)

- Updating firmware to the latest version

I have also been in contact with Sony support who's only response was to contact an authorised repair centre (the nearest one is nearly 1h30m drive away from me and is just not good enough), as well as the store I bought it from who would want to charge £120 just to even look at it.

I'm running out of options and I would desperately appreciate any help from anyone who may know how to resolve this issue. HDMI port 1 is normally not usable due to wall-mounting and HDMI 3 is my ARC port for my sound bar, leaving just one HDMI port left for my TV / PS5 / Other devices which I have to constantly keep switching out. I'm thinking the main board may have gone and I'll have to replace it myself to save money from ridiculous repair charges.

Many thanks,

A

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi AVLNCH, have you tried factory resetting the TV? Also, Sony doesn't sell their parts, I'm not sure if you can repair it yourself since you won't be able to get  the part..