Join now - be part of our community!

Insect in my flatscreen

Insect in my flatscreen

Hi,

Today when i turned on the tv,i saw an insect stuck in my screen.i got panicked because it wont fall down.i called the store where i baught it,they where not helping at all.i found this page,maybe someone can help?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Dedicated20 

Can you please post a screenshot, showing the bug you have?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.BG.title
Belgarath_
Explorer

Just an advice from me.

Never ever tap or hit over the spot where the insect is because it will die and stuck there for a very long time.

I did this mistake thinking oh, surely it will fall down, right? Nope. It was stuck on that spot for 4 years  and recently fell down few centimeters above the bottom and it`s not so bad anymore but the body is still there. 

This is the case for every modern flat tv/pc monitor screen.

Again.

Do not tap on the spot where the insect is. It will die there and it will be stuck for eternity.

In my case it looked like this

9QdvmSE.jpg

When that insect is fully grown up (about 4, 5 times bigger) looks like this

usLJ6Aj.jpg

Of course it would be different insects in different parts of the world (I`m from eastern Europe)  but the result will be the same.

Now the important part.

What can you do to fix it without going to the store filling for guarantee case.

If you have already tap on its body - nothing. Well, you could probably try to tap on the top of the tv/screen to try and knock it down to the bottom but would probably not work.

Now what?

Vacuum cleaner, preferably with control dial for the speed.

Turn it on and try with low speed to vacuum it from the vents which are closest to the insect. If low speed doesn`t work try with more power.

WARNING!

Bear in mind that you don`t really know what parts are inside and there is a risk of pulling cables or elements. There is also the problem of static electricity that can cause elements failing.

I have used the vacuum method on few screens and it works even on some Macs (laptops) for dust problems.

But I am working as electrician so I know what I am doing.

In the end my final advise is this. Try with light tapping on the top of the tv/pc screen and if it`s still there go to the store. That is if you are still under warranty. Otherwise you can do whatever you want. :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi, I'm so sorry this happened to you, the other day I got a lil spider stuck beneath my screen (It managed to get out tho), I agree with Belgarath_ don't touch the screen or tap it, you can try using a flashlight to distract it while your TV is turned off maybe it will follow the light. If it's dead already this part is over.