Join now - be part of our community!

I have recently bought a Sony 65S8005c and HDR

jaklein3317
Explorer

I have recently bought a Sony 65S8005c and HDR

Can anyone shed some light on a question I have ? I recently bought the Sony 65S8005c for the playroom and I have to say its a great tv (bought it half price from Amazon). I beleive Sony added HDR ro all its 2015 TVs by way of a firmware update at some point and I'm wondering if my TV is capable of HDR in some form given the update (I realose its an edge lit set so limited re HDR). Does anyone have any knowledge of this ? Can't find out the answer !

6 REPLIES 6
jaklein3317
Explorer

Does anybody know ? Any idea if my TV can display any form of HDR ?

jaklein3317
Explorer

Looking like it doesn't have any HDR capability. Shame.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Unfortunately, this model is not between those who receive the Update to HDR:

http://presscentre.sony.co.uk/pressreleases/sony-expands-high-dynamic-range-compatible-range-on-2015...

Manolo

jaklein3317
Explorer

Thanks very much Manolo. I bought this TV a few days ago brand new for just over £1k so good value for money - however wondering whether its worth sending it back and spending a bit more on an HDR model. What do you think ? Anyone ? What is HDR like ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I personally think that HDR is the way the industry is moving and seeing HDR in all its glory on the latest TVs certainly have the 'wow' factor.  :grin:

However, im still reserving my judgement for the time being - simply because im not sure if its another 'phase' (like 3D) or whether it will stick around long enough to mature and release enough content.  My gut feeling though is once 4K Bluray players are truely released, i think we will see an explosion of 4K HDR content.

My 2 pennies.

Cheers

jaklein3317
Explorer

Thanks - good to get other views. 

Mid I change the tv for an HDR one it's going to cost me at least £500-£750 just for HDR. The 65S8005C is a really good tv - just lacks HDR. Even football looks decent on it. It only cost just over £1k. So the question is - is it worth paying the extra for HDR - more importantly higher spec Sony sets have Triluminous built in and perhaps that's more important than HDR....