Join now - be part of our community!

How many people use their Bravia's in-built Android TV for all their Smart TV functions?

profile.country.GB.title
kisangoli78
New

How many people use their Bravia's in-built Android TV for all their Smart TV functions?

Hi, I've got a living room setup which isn't particularly new or fancy, but seems to work really well from a functionality point of view.

We use the TV's in-built Android TV for all TV usage - primarily Netflix, YouTube, Plex etc, as well as heaps of Spotify (with Spotify Connect from laptop & phones used as playlist controllers).

This means our standard TV remote can control all TV, Apps, Receiver, & PS3 (DVD & Bluray) functionality. This has meant excellent WAF which is a big bonus :slight_smile:

I do have a fear though that as my TV is a few years old now, they may stop with updates that could render some apps un-useable - is this a genuine concern? Or does the fact that Sony uses the Android TV platform reduce that issue?

I have kind of noticed recently that I'm having to occasionally "reboot" my TV when it starts to get a bit laggy. Hopefully that doesn't get too much worse.

Anyway, I was curious if many others entirely use the TV's in-built system, as everywhere I see people using a Shield, Roku, etc... am I missing out on much?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @kisangoli78,

while it is not a direct response to your question - I personally do not use my Philips Android TVs smart functions.

The reason? It is so old, that most of the apps run very bad so I use my Sony UBP-X800 as "media center" to do all smart things I need :tongue:

- Nic

Piscie
Community Team

Hi kisangoli78, could you tell us the model number of your TV and the software version you have on it?