Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update to v3.533 of KD-49X8005C

SU2020
New

Firmware update to v3.533 of KD-49X8005C

A few days ago I updated the firmware of my TV (KD-49X8005C) to the latest firmware version PKG3.533.0108EUB (7 November 2016). The update itself went OK but since then the TV starts by itself at random times (even at night). I thought it might have something to do with the remote app SideView I installed on my tablet but after removing it the problem remained. It could be related to Google Cast (which I don't us) so I updated it to the last version but still no joy. Rolling back to the previous firmware is not supported by Sony. Has anyone experienced similar problems and more important does anyone have a solution for this?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This sounds like an old bug/issue that I have not seen reported since the beginning of this year.  See :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2115486#M64

From what I can remember, it happened 2 or 3 times for some people, and then never occured again after that.

However, I will recommend a factory reset as this can fix many issues and is one of the first steps in the troubleshooting process.  See HERE for instructions.

Cheers