Join now - be part of our community!

50W807C Amazon instantvideo & sony entertainment network

benpop
Explorer

50W807C Amazon instantvideo & sony entertainment network

I have a brand new 50W807C that I'm trying to get to full operational mode. One issue I'm having is with the Amazon Instantvideo app. I have logged in properly and now whenever I select a video or TV show it says "Player error. We are experiencing a problem playing this video. If this problem continues, please contact Amazon Customer Service. Unknown_Error" Restarting, deleting cache did not help. Then I found out on Amazon.co.uk when logging into Prime that you apparently have to register the device with Sony Essentials which is now the Sony Entertainment Network. On the latter's website says I need to click the Home button, look up the Sony Entertainment Network app and type in a code. However in my W807C (android) I do not find any Sony Entertainment Network option or code.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
jazsingh
New

I have this exact issue.  Netflix works fine but Amazon Prime only let s me log in and look around but will not stream.  Did you manage to fix this?

benpop
Explorer

Yes I managed to fix it. It has nothing to do with the TV or SEN but it's all on amazon's end. I recommend you call Amazon customer services. In the end a combination of the following did the trick:

- Transfer my Amazon digital content from amazon.com to amazon.co.uk (it was a series of steps that they guided me through)

- Make sure my amazon digital services purchasing method was associated with a UK debit/credit card and UK billing address (in account settings)

- Signing out of the app and rebooting TV and router

I hope this helps

THESHELLY
New

SAME PROBLEM ON NEW TV AMAZON SAID NOT COMPATIBLE! disgraceful