Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

SOLVED
simeon.mcgri
Explorer

2015 Bravia Android TV google cast issue

Hi

Google cast stoped working after latest software update. I tried to power reset and storage reset,but it didn't help.

The tv is connected to router via wire.  My PC and sony z3 can't find google cast 😞

Anyone?

56 REPLIES 56
stolsso98
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi guys

Csn someone test casting.  I recieved information from another Expert that its working, as well as @motty79 also saying that its working.

Cheers

Ps: through tinkering, ive screwed up my cast settings :wink:

After manual update of google cast app, it works again.

Thanks a lot.

I still have problems with windows 10  but that is a Microsoft issue i think...

john.pringle

How do you manually update google cast. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
stolsso98
Explorer

@john.pringle wrote:
How do you manually update google cast. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

On my TV:   Sony Bravia  KDL 43W809C  it is:  Google store - and in the buttom of the menu there was a choice called  Updates,  but I think it is only there if updates are avalable... 

john.pringle

Thanks for your reply I have the x8509 and Inthe list there is no mention of updates   Are all these people who are saying Google cast works  in the uk   It looks like I'll be spending the rest of the day trying to sort it out.   

john.pringle

Well it seems you have to wait for the updates to appear on your tv  they suddenly appeared so all updated now pleased to report google cast is now working.  Thanks to everyone who helped. 

Csg3060

Hi.

i am a Danish user. The update was in google store. Now crome/google cast is ok again. 

Hopefully the Usb recording and the dual tuner will be available soon.

Janekch

Hi again, my cast is working with youtube only. I found solutions in polish language Sony forum: please go to system preferences/time&date and choose option-use network time. I hope it helps.

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

I hate myself because I'm too quick to say things.

Google cast does not work at all on my TV as I thought.

My phone find my TV Google Cast name via apps such as YouTube. But when I want to connect to Google cast, my phone can not connect to Google cast. Google cast version 1.16.45911

For what it's worth, I have a xperia z 2 and KDL-43W755C.

I also have a Cromecast dongle to an other tv and that works perfect.  

I have tried to change to network time but do not help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eban65 you are not alone in not getting googlecast to work.  i cannot get it to work either from my Z4 tablet - and believe it has never worked even before the update.  A couple of others (experts) from other eu forums also cannot get it to work.  So i think there is probably another issue at hand here.  For the people who had it working before the fw update - its now working.

profile.country.SE.title
Eban65

@Quinnicus wrote:

@Eban65 you are not alone in not getting googlecast to work.  i cannot get it to work either from my Z4 tablet - and believe it has never worked even before the update.  A couple of others (experts) from other eu forums also cannot get it to work.  So i think there is probably another issue at hand here.  For the people who had it working before the fw update - its now working.

But it worked from when I installed my TV 4/10 until the update 13/10.

Now I have mailed the Sony Support and I hope they will answer soon.