Join now - be part of our community!

Your feedback about the lack of a ‘Remember Me’ feature.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Your feedback about the lack of a ‘Remember Me’ feature.

Looking through your feedback on the new Community, we picked out a common thread regarding the lack of a ‘remember me’ or similar feature to prevent you from being logged out of the community after a set period of time.  

The reason for this feature not being included is because the Community now uses your ‘My Sony’ login, which can also be used for our online stores. With this in mind, and for the sake of security, we were not permitted to enable any sort of ‘Remember Me’ function. In addition, should your account be inactive for more than 30 minutes you will be automatically logged out. I appreciate that this may not always be very convenient but now makes a little more sense.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for an official response.  However I can see that this issue will be 'revisited' at a later date :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all.

I have just heard that the 30minute auto-timeout have been extended to 200minutes for the Community Forums, whilst still keeping the 30minute timeout for My Sony.

I would like to say thank you for 'revisiting' and persisiting on finding a work-around on this issue.

Cheers